Why would you need a writer, an editor, or a designer?
You only get one chance to form a good first impression.
Is your message as powerful and effective as it could be?
Some people dislike writing. Others actually enjoy putting thoughts on paper but they need help organizing those thoughts, or they simply have no time to double-check their spelling or grammar (even the best writers need a “second set of eyes”). Or maybe they have written a strong message but they aren't sure how to communicate it in an eye-catching way.
Do any of these scenarios describe you? If so, you might benefit from the help of a writer, an editor, or a designer to make sure your message hits its mark, the first time.
Services I Provide
- Writing: technical writing (user and administrator guides, installation instructions, readme files, error messages, release notes, and online help), instructional design and eLearning development, screencast/tutorial scripting and recording, and website content
- Editing: technical, medical, and book editing and proofreading
- Design: web design and print collateral such as newsletters and ads
Industries and Fields I Know
On any project, it helps to have someone who can "talk the talk." Would you agree?
- Software development (Web 2.0 services, Java, enterprise solutions)
- Medical publishing and training (consumer health care, nursing, medical and dental assisting, coding and billing)
- Scuba diving (PADI-certified diver with more than 200 hours in the Atlantic and Caribbean waters)
- Equestrian issues (horse owner and English rider)
- Wildlife rehabilitation, natural history, public education
- Motorcycles (licensed operator)
Tools I Use
- Adobe Acrobat
- Adobe Captivate
- Adobe Dreamweaver (code and design views)
- Adobe FrameMaker (structured [DITA] and unstructured)
- Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom
- Microsoft Word (including template creation and use)
- Microsoft Publisher
- TechSmith Camtasia Studio
Feel free to browse my portfolios. For details about my work history, view my formal résumé (PDF).